Windows Photo Gallery is a significant application of Microsoft’ Windows Essentials software suite that makes storing, organizing, editing and sharing photos easy for users. Its high-end photo management features such as controlling capabilities, tagging option, searching ability, etc. has made it one of the most popular and loved image organizer application. Photo import tool to move photos from camera to other removable media, sharing photos by uploading to Flickr, Facebook, and OneDrive, etc. for digital photos are its added competencies. Moreover, it can be easily used on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, and Windows Server 2008 R2.
However, despite being a highly featured application users’ may end up losing photos because of accidental deletion of the photos. Users may also experience photo loss situations because of damaged or formatted Windows systems. If you too are facing such a circumstance, it is essential for you to know how to recover photos from Windows Photo Gallery through any media recovery software.
About a Renowned Media Recovery Software
Stellar Photo Recovery Software works towards restoring deleting pictures, videos and audio files back to the device. It allows recovering media files from memory cards, digital cameras, camcorders, USB sticks, hard drives, and all internal and external storage media.
This media recovery software can be used to recover deleted and lost multimedia files from ExFAT, FAT32 and NTFS file systems. Images, video, audio and music files can be recovered from corrupted, inaccessible and damaged memory cards. It can recover data from almost all camera brands and models including Sony, Samsung, Canon, Nikon, Panasonic, Fuji, Kodak, Pentax, Sigma, Minolta, Olympus, Mamiya and other brands.
The Photo Recovery software also provides the facility to create an image of the media device and save it to drive. Recovery of multimedia files can be performed at a later stage from the replicated image.
The tool comes with a user-centric interface and self-defined recovery procedure. It can be downloaded on Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista and XP. Since images are valuable, it is important to save them carefully on a secure device. Listed below are a few tips that can prevent your multimedia files from getting deleted:
Tips to Prevent Photo Loss: Do’s & Don’t’s
- Always remove media storage device securely by following an appropriate procedure
- Ensure that the computing machine is free from virus or malware components while attaching external media to the system
- Always install third-party apps from a secure downloading platform; else, it may lead to data loss
- Do not interrupt the device if the image upload or download is in process
- Do not format storage media as it removes all multimedia drives permanently
- Do not pull the media card out of the device without switching off the camera
- Do not click images while the camera runs low of battery as this can cause corruption
- Do not eject the SD Card while images are opening or being transferred to another location
- Do not ignore memory card full error messages as this may lead to corruption or inaccessible mode
- Do not capture images quickly one after another without providing enough time to write to the memory
All kinds of Flash cards, SD cards, and smart media cards are supported for recoveries such as Micro SD, Mini SD cards, SDXC, SDHC, MMC and CF Cards. There are many other features as well that makes it worth using. Therefore, you can use it to recover all your photos lost from the Windows Photo Gallery application installed on your Windows machine.
Stellar Photo Recovery for Recovering Photos Lost from Windows Photo Gallery
Follow the steps below:
- Download, install and launch the Stellar Photo Recovery tool
- The home screen for the tool will appear as follows:
- Select Recover Photo, Audio & Video from the given options for recovering lost media files
- The tool will display the system hard drives
- From the ‘Select Storage Media’ list, select your system hard drive first, secondly check the box: ‘Scan for Photos’, and then click on Scan Now
- After scanning all the files that are found in your system hard drive, all the images present in it, including the photos in Windows Photo Gallery gets enlisted in the scan result.
- You can then preview the photos in several Views such as Icon view, Column View, and Cover Flow View. You can also preview the deleted photos from the ‘Deleted List’ folder present in the Scan result.
- Next, select the photos files/folders that you want to recover from the Windows Photo Gallery, and click on the Recover tab to initiate recovery procedure.
- Next, the tool will ask for the desired location to restore your Windows Photo gallery photo files/folders.
- You now have your recovered photos.
The Bottom Line
It is recommended that you recover all the photos that you lost from Windows Photo Gallery through a media recovery software. One of the suggested ones is Stellar Photo Recovery. The reason being, it ensures quick and effective results without you having to worry about the result. Most importantly, you can run it on your own without external help. On the other hand, using manual methods and employing other software could lead to permanent loss of photos if not executed properly.