Be it family and friends’ chats, virtual business meetings or giving live updates, Messages allow you to connect and share across iOS devices like iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac. Most of the time your Messages may contain important texts, videos, audios, images etc. Thus, losing them from iPhone due to accidental deletion or after iOS upgrade can be sometimes a critical personal and business loss.
Here we share the best four ways using one of which you can recover deleted text messages from iPhone.
How to recover lost or deleted Messages on iPhone?
All lost or accidentally deleted text messages can be conveniently recovered using Apple’s backup utilities – iCloud and iTunes. However, this will restore your complete data rather than just lost messages. To avoid complete iPhone restoration, choose Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone. Another way to recover messages is from your other synced iOS devices.
|Methods to recover lost/deleted Messages:
1. Recover deleted messages from other synced devices
2. Restore messages using Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone
3. Recover messages from iCloud Backup
4. Recover messages from iTunes Backup
Method 1: Recover deleted messages from other synced devices
If you use multiple iOS devices like Mac or iPad and your iPhone is synced with them, you can restore missing messages from those devices. All deleted messages from your iPhone are still present on your other iOS devices.
Method 2: Restore messages using Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone.
It may happen that you are unable to restore lost messages from iCloud or iTunes backup. In such a situation Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone can easily do the job for you.
The software has a highly intuitive interface. You just need to simply launch it on your Mac/PC and connect your iPhone via USB cable and follow the easy on-screen instructions. The secure do-it-yourself software gives you three options to recover messages along with their attachments:
- Recovery from iPhone (use in case of no backup)
- Recovery from iCloud Backup (use in case of failed recovery from iCloud backup or if you want to restore only messages)
- Recovery from iTunes Backup (use in case of failed recovery from iTunes backup or if you want to restore only messages)
Benefits of Recovery through Stellar’s iCloud/iTunes backup feature:
- Recovers deleted iTunes/iCloud backup files too
- Restores encrypted iTunes backup files
- Allows you to selectively recover messages rather than restoring everything from photos, videos to contacts etc.
- Protects your existing iPhone data from getting lost or overwritten.
Method 3: Recover messages from iCloud Backup
iCloud backup makes it easy to restore messages on your iPhone. This is only possible when you have synced your iPhone to the iCloud. However this will overwrite the existing data on your iPhone.
Steps to restore from an iCloud backup
- Go to Settings > General > Reset> Erase all Contents and Settings
- On the Apps & Data screen, tap Restore from iCloud Backup
- Sign in to your iCloud account
- Choose relevant backup from the list of available backups in iCloud and let the process finish.
Method 4: Recover messages from iTunes Backup
Before opting for this method, remember messages recovery with iTunes will replace all current/existing data like photos, videos, etc., with the restored backup files. Thus it is better to restore messages from iTunes backup through Stellar iPhone data recovery software.
If you have back up of messages on iTunes, follow the below steps to restore:
- Connect your iPhone to the computer and launch iTunes
- Select your iPhone from the device list
- On Summary window choose recent backup entry date of your iPhone
- Click Restore Backup
Restoring text messages from backup works if you have recently backed up the iPhone with iTunes or iCloud. However, this will restore your complete data rather than just lost messages. To avoid complete iPhone restoration and loss of existing photos, videos, messages etc., choose the powerful Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone with enhanced scanning and recovery capabilities.