Summary: The article highlights the best way to recover photos and videos after users are stuck with the Canon 7D error message “Card cannot be accessed. Reinsert/change the card or format card with the camera.”
Canon 7D camera is one of the best-known sophisticated cameras for both professional photography and videography. With it, you can record audio from an external source. It’s high capabilities have earned it a name in independent filmmaking as an affordable alternative to digital cinema cameras. However, like any other sophisticated cameras, it is not immune to turning corrupt.
Professional users do experience this common error while capturing photos and videos through their Canon 7D camera – “Card cannot be accessed. Reinsert/change the card or format card with the camera.” This error message has been seen irrespective of the SD Card used in it.
When this problem occurs, you can neither capture more photos or videos with the camera nor can you access the stored photo and video files on the SD card being used in the camera. Moreover, the problem of inaccessibility remains even if the card is inserted in the laptop to retrieve the already captured multimedia (photos and videos) files.
In such a situation, you can stop further use of the camera and the SD Card that might have been damaged. Nevertheless, it gets exceedingly significant for you to recover photos or videos after the occurrence of Canon 7D error discussed here in this article.
Before we move to the recovery method, let’s first delve into what Canon 7D camera is and the SD Cards that can be used in it in the subsequent sections.
About Canon 7D Camera
Announced on September 1, 2009, with a recommended retail price of US$1,699, Canon EOS 7D or Canon 7D as is popularly called, is a cropped sensor single-lens reflex professional camera manufactured by one of the prestigious camera manufacturers – Canon. Although the new sensor has 18 effective megapixels, it possesses the capacity of capturing eight frames per second while maintaining 14-bit analog-to-digital conversion. This is one of its greatest capabilities, and the reason is the presence of dual DIGIC 4 processors that has exceedingly high processing speed. Its sensor size is APS-C (22.3 x 14.9 mm). Almost same in size as that of EOS 50D, it is a bit large in built, measures 5.8 x 4.4 x 2.9 inches (148.2 x 110.7 x 73.5mm), and weighs 33.3 ounces (2.08 pounds, 945g) with a CF card and battery.
Use of SD Card in Canon 7D
The professional Canon 7D camera that is used by professionals the world over, has no restrictions on the type of SD card that can be used in it, to keep both photos and videos safe as well as secure. The only criterion is that the speed of both, the camera and the SD Card, must be almost the same and high for fast processing. For instance, Dane-Elec Pro 8GB 200x Class 10 SDHC Memory Card, Lexar 32 GB Pro 300x UDMA CF card, Sandisk Extreme SD Card, and SD cards from other brands can be used
About Canon 7D Error Message
The Canon 7D error: “Card cannot be accessed. Reinsert/change the card or format card with camera” occurs regardless of the type or class of SD Card used in it. Therefore, it becomes challenging to determine the exact cause of the error as to whether it is the camera or the SD Card. In the event of the error message, one is denied access to the stored photos and videos.
The isolation of the photos both on the camera and on the system leads to permanent loss of data loss. This becomes a huge loss for professionals. Therefore, fixing the error becomes essential. Let’s look at how we can recover photos and videos in the subsequent sections.
How to Resolve Canon 7D Error “Card cannot be accessed. Reinsert/change the card or format card with camera” and recover photos or videos
Retrieve your inaccessible or corrupt photos and videos with the cutting-edge Stellar Photo Recovery Software. It successfully and effortlessly retrieves the inaccessible photo and video files from the SD Card in the Canon 7D camera. Depending on whether you have a Mac or Windows, you may either download Stellar Photo Recovery (Windows) or Stellar Photo Recovery (Mac) versions.
Follow the steps below to retrieve your inaccessible photos and videos:
- Download, and install, and launch Stellar Photo Recovery software once configured, register the software to recover the desired multimedia files
- On the software home screen, check in All multimedia files in What to Recover Click Next.
- Select the removable media or drive from where you want to recover. Click Scan
- Next, choose the SD Card you inserted in Canon 7D and click on the Scan Now button
- The tool scans all the photos and videos present in the selected SD Card and shows all the recoverable photos and videos. You can view the scanning process when it is in progress
- Next, the scan result is displayed, and you can then preview the recoverable photos and videos in several views. You also have the privilege to preview the deleted photos from the ‘Deleted List’ folder present in Scan result.
- To initiate the recovery process, select the photos and videos that you want to recover by checking the respective boxes. Then, click on the Recover. Upon doing so, the tool will ask for the storage location to restore the recovered data.
- Provide the necessary details and the software will save the photos and videos at the desired location. This completes the photo and video recovery process.
The Bottom Line
It can be concluded that the Stellar Photo Recovery software is the aptest solution to handle the Canon 7D error: “Card cannot be accessed. Reinsert/change the card or format card with the camera.” All you need to do is to follow the recovery steps diligently.